Implants and Implant Dentures
When a person loses a tooth, it can have some serious effects. Not only do people experience pain and discomfort but this could affect one's speech and could cause some other health issues. Anderson Dental Group offers a range of solutions to help patients.
Dental implants are a wonderful way to replace missing teeth, whether you're considering replacing one or multiple teeth. An implant is a titanium post that is placed into the jaw and over time fuses to the bone. Once that has taken place a post and permanent crown will be placed.
Do you have problems keeping your lower dentures in securely? It is possible to place implants to connect directly into your denture. Making your dentures as secure as possible. You will be eating normally in a day! Call us today at 928-474-4581 to schedule an appointment!
Tooth Replacement Solutions
Anderson Dental Group of Payson, AZ offers everything from dental implants and crowns to full and partial dentures. This ensures that people do not have to be self-conscious when they smile. The exact treatment will depend on the amount of tooth loss, one's budget and the dental professional's advice.
More on Implants and Dentures
If you've lost any of your teeth due to tooth decay or injury, implants and dentures are among the best treatment options. At Anderson Dental, we offer a comfortable dental implant procedure to restore your smile. Here are some things you need to know about dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are metal frames that are surgically placed in your jawbone beneath your gums. The main reason for a dental implant is to hold a bridge or a replacement tooth.
We use various kinds of dental implants to treat patients, including:
- Subperiosteal (placed on the bone): This type of implant is positioned on the upper part of the jaw using a metal framework that protrudes through the gum. It’s ideal for patients who can't wear normal dentures because of a short jawbone.
- Endosteal (placed in the bone): This type of implant may be in the form of a blade, cylinder or screw placed in the jawbone. It can hold one or two teeth, and it serves as an alternative for removable dentures or bridges.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants have three parts:
- The base: This is a titanium screw that gets fused with natural bone. It provides a safe and secure base.
- The abutment: This is also known as the connector. It may have a hexagonal shape, and it connects the crown of the tooth to the base.
- The crown: This part looks like a normal tooth, and it's called the restoration. It’s usually made of porcelain fused with a metal alloy. It may also be all porcelain or all metal.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer you many advantages, including the following:
- An attractive appearance: Dental implants are designed to give you a naturally attractive smile.
- Easy speech: Poor-fitting dentures can cause teeth to slip, but dental implants allow you to speak without mumbling.
- Enhanced comfort: Implants help you avoid the discomfort linked to removable dentures.
- Improved self-esteem: You can have that smile you've always wanted, and you’ll feel good about yourself.
- Better oral health: The teeth near the implant aren’t affected, so it improves long-term oral health.
How Dental Implants Can Work With Your Dentures
Dentures can be supported by implants. Implant-supported dentures will fit perfectly in your mouth without slipping while talking or eating. This is better than your normal denture that rests on the gums without any implant support. Your denture will need two or more implants for adequate support. The denture will be clipped to a bar or ball-shaped implant.
Implant-supported dentures may be used in the lower or upper jaw, but they are more suitable for the lower jaw because dentures are less stable there. You’ll still need to take out the implant-supported denture daily for cleaning or when you want to sleep at night.
About Anderson Dental
Anderson Dental Group provides full-service dental care for both adults and kids in Payson, Arizona. In addition to dental implants, we offer the following services:
- Preventive checkups
- Teeth whitening
- Root canals
Contact Us for an Appointment Today
Caring for your Dental Implants
Caring for your implants is as simple as caring for your natural teeth with regular brushing and flossing along with your regular dental checkups.
If you would live in the Payson, AZ area and are interested in learning more about dental implants please give us a call at 928-474-4581
We have happy patients.
Dr Church is extremely caring and gentle with his patients. I have lived my life under ‘Murphy’s Law’ where if "anything that can go wrong, will go wrong", but also living proof that it can work both ways.
Under medical treatment for degenerating bones, this deteriorated my perfect white, beautiful teeth. I was referred to Anderson Dental and Dr Church agreed to take my case. It was a 4 month journey, but it was an awesome experience as he was always calm when I was freaking out! Every time smiling he would say, “I can fix that”. Dr Church and his staff are all awesome.
I am so excited with the results that I can’t stop smiling. Everyone I know gives me a huge ‘wow’!